KU Libraries – Watson Group Study Rooms guidelines:
The following guidelines are intended to make group study use of available to all guests in the fairest manner possible.
- Priority usage of these rooms goes to groups of 3 or more with advance reservations (available to current KU students, staff, and faculty for academic activities).
- Rooms are open and available to all patrons (individual or groups) when not in use by those with advance, online reservations.
- Rooms cannot be reserved or held by placing personal belongings in them.
- Without a reservation, you may be asked to vacate at any time by a group who has booked the room (even if the group just made the reservation prior to arriving).
- Study rooms are meant to support academic study, research, and positive group collaborations. Inappropriate conduct such as sleeping, excessive noise, fighting, or writing objectionable, vulgar, or obscene language on the whiteboards, tables, or walls is not permitted.
- Each individual assumes responsibility for the conduct of all group members and the condition of the room.
- For safety reasons, appliances such as coffee makers, hot plates etc. are NOT allowed in these spaces.
Questions regarding Watson group study use can be directed to the Watson Service Desk (785-864-8983), Christen Caton (email@example.com), or Jeromy Horkman (firstname.lastname@example.org).